Your scrollbars confuse me

Could you please change your scrollbar highlight and shadow colows?

Because the highlight color is black, and the dark shadow color is white, your 3D scrollbar looks like it is recessed instead of raised. This makes the grey track look like it is the “thumb” (I believe that’s the technical term for the part of the scrollbar that moves up and down on the track) because it appears raised relative to the actual thumb.

While you’re at it, if you set the 3D light color to something like #FF6600 instead of #FFFFFF, it will look even better.

This seems like it should be a snap. Have you read my suggestion? :confused: Doesn’t it at least deserve a comment? Like maybe “Sorry, everybody around here thinks the sunken scrollbars are cool!”

Yeah, I read it – and got distracted.

I have about 200-300 pages of term papers to write in the next 2 weeks. Sorry I didn’t get to writing a response.

I did think about it today, and was going to change it, but got distracted yet again.

Sorry –

No biggie:)

Hows that new one look?

I kinda like it better, more raised.

Any comments are always welcome.

*Originally posted by Brandon Martus *
**Hows that new one look?

I kinda like it better, more raised.

Any comments are always welcome. **

MUCH better, thanks. Still…

I played around a little more, and I think the following values look even better:

BODY {
scrollbar-face-color: #FF8800;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #FF3300;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFCC33;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #FF9933;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000000;
scrollbar-track-color: #dddddd;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000; }

i liked it how it was…imho

Better yet,

BODY { scrollbar-base-color: #FF8800; }

will let IE calculate all the various shades for you.

Or

BODY {
scrollbar-base-color: #FF8800;
scrollbar-track-color: #dddddd;
}

if you don’t like the orange track color IE gives you.

I don’t even see the change in colors in scroll bars. It is the same for me like any other web page. Now I thought it was just because I have Mac, but I have noticed a couple Wintel computers that do the same thing.

I have IE 5 for Mac

*Originally posted by Kyle Fenton *
**I don’t even see the change in colors in scroll bars. It is the same for me like any other web page. Now I thought it was just because I have Mac, but I have noticed a couple Wintel computers that do the same thing.

I have IE 5 for Mac **

According to MS, these scrollbar CSS extensions are only available on IE5.5 on Win32 (assuming I’m reading their info correctly.) I thought I had seen the scrollbar colors before I upgraded from IE5, but I guess I remember erroneously.