State Flags In Your signature

ok. Heres a cool thing. i think everybody should put their state’s flag in your signature. this way we can get an iconic immage of where people are from

you can look for them here http://www.geographic.org/flags/states/ or google search for immages of state flags

like heres florida

and indiana

and conuticut

Let the Trend begin…

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23397

[edit]

This looks a bit harsh… but seriously, can we keep the signatures down to maybe an inch or inch and a half tall? I don’t mind flags on your signatures, if that’s what you’d like to use for some space, but maybe everyone might want to clean house a little bit on thir signatures before adding something new. Just a thought.

Matt

[/edit]

Beyond the thread that Matt rightfully linked to, I’m willing to bet that a good portion of the population of CD doesn’t know, off-hand, what a given state’s flag is (besides their own). I know this is true for me. So a kind of system like this would have a user look at another users’s flag, and try to match it up with a listing of other state flags. It’s just one big obfuscated annoyance.

And anyway, there’s a “Location” portion of your CD profile for a reason.

Tytus did say that it was to give an iconic image of a person’s location, although like you previously stated, I don’t really know the state flags for any state other than those that I have lived in.

Well, wouldn’t a state flag in the signature of everyone make you aware of the other state flags? True, it might help if the flag was a link to a list of state flags saying which state they were from.

hey, umm…Connecticut…good to know the florida school system has done its job;)
jk! ready for the hint…connect-I-cut
go 4th grade!
Although i like the thought, i really don’t know anyone else’s flag…

As long as your don’t overcrowd your signature, something like mine, I think it looks fine, I do agree that overcrowding your user signature with useless information or links makes no sense and is annoying.

And if you do have a slightly crowded signature, you have the option not to display your user signature, so i might be useful to use those when you just have a word or two to post. Use the features you are provided with:p

i like the idea of flags

I went ahead and did it, good excuse for me to learn something new.

Your link seems to be missing some states. And how about a page that includes all the flags and their states in a handy side-by-side view? How about this site [netstate.com] …

Sic semper tyrannis

If you are getting it from the geographic.org site make sure you read and follow the terms and conditions.

Here’s something fun to try with your adult mentors…
Print out the map at http://www.eduplace.com/ss/maps/pdf/us_nl.pdf and see how many of them can correctly name all of the states on it!
I was terrible in geography in school, and it’s been a LONG time since I had to study the states. I know I can’t properly identify all of them…

Your link seems to be missing some states. And how about a page that includes all the flags and their states in a handy side-by-side view? How about this site [netstate.com] …

thats why i said this…

or google search for immages

Yay me! I got all 50! (I think I even got all the postal codes correct. Anyone want to double check me?)

Ready to try identifying all the Great Lakes now, or are you more into political boundaries?

I’d add mine, but the Michigan state flag is horrendously non-descript. There are way too many state flags that just have a dark blue background and the state seal, IMO. Take a look at that flag page linked above, and you’ll see what I mean. I think quite a few states could stand to be a little more creative with their flags.